Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What IS today's hairstyle?

I have almost always had long hair. When I was two or three my mother allowed my hair to grow past my shoulders. So I had the 'hippie' look in the 50's well ahead of it's time. That's the way it's been pretty much throughout my personal history with only minor intervals of shorter 'let's get a job' look. Still can't believe I compromised...but not often and not for long.

Today's hair is off the hook if it's there at all. I admire the men that have the courage to just cut it all off. I can't do that. I fear I would look like a mad man. It's just not me. A bald hippie? Disgusting and not in the proper dress code at all lol....unfortunately many are bald these days through natural process of aging. Hair today gone tomorrow.

Much fun is poked at the mullet hair style but I still see it all the time. It's the look that screams 'minimum wage' or some sort of machinist...not all but you know what I mean. My point being it's around and not just associated with hockey. Mullets are here to stay. Thanks Flobbie!

I like the people that just say the hell with it and color their hair multi-colors. Red on one side, yellow on another, blue thrown in because what the heck it was there.

Dreadlocks are always very cool I think.

I've never been a big fan of the mohawk style of hair. I can tolerate it and don't fall into hysterics when I see it but come on it looks like somebody that should have a tomahawk in his hand and struggling with Davy Crockett along a riverbank. It's a warrior style I guess therefore perfect for the battlefield but a little scary to be stuck on a subway with late at night. Way too Taxi Driver for me.

What is the style that say's the 2000's? Many eras have sported their own look but what is it now? For men I'd say the bald look is it- for women I'm not so sure. I'm sure it's not the bald look but even that IS being carried out by some females. What is the hairstyle for women in the 2000's?!
Maybe it's braids and extentions? Men are going the route of less hair and women are adding it. Did somebody say BeeHive? What was that about anyway huh? That would be my nightmare...a jury of people sporting mullets, mohawks and bee hives...don't see a lot of those people on 'Jeopardy' do you?

*Ever heard the old saying of- don't judge a book by it's cover? Why not? Doesn't the cover often reflect what is inside?

*I have unruly hair. Last night it started a fight in a bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment