Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New hippies? I hope!

40th anniversary of Woodstock wow! That was a vibe of pure energy. People following one another to a special place where something exciting was going on. They showed up in numbers that astounded the people running it. The closest thing to that wave now is- Twitter.

What if the hippie movement would have happened today? Perhaps it is some say. If that's true there's definitely a change. The marches, signs and protesters have been replaced by emails, comment pages and bloggers. We don't write protest songs anymore we write songs and then protest against them. 'Dixie Chicks' huh?

Well whatever I guess let's just say a current day hippie movement is alive...at least the fashion is, just gaze upon most college campuses. You'll hear loud rock n roll.. you'll see long hair, faded jeans, bandanas, backpacks, flipflops, and these are the professors!..ha!..see what I did there?!!

Let's roll with it I say I'm all for anybody wanting to get involved in making a fair positive change...be it old or new hippies. I'm proud to say I just try to make people laugh and I'm happy to be the new and old hippies' Uncle. lol

*Why do cats get 9 lives? It's not like they're out there risking them for somebody!

*Using our brains we can change many things. Using our hearts we can change everything.

peace,
chili aka uncle hippie











1 comment:

  1. Chili, keep promoting the blog on Facebook. That's how I got here. And, welcome!
    Jerry Perisho
    http://monologuewriter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete