Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Lovin it!

You know I wish sometimes I could tell people how much I love comedy. It has been part of my soul for decades...since the early memories of childhood to just today I have been writing and or performing comedy in some way or other. Hell I do it when alone. Comedy isn't just a 'face' I put on for people or save for the stage, I am in a constant flow of funny. I make myself laugh. I don't think I'm ever annoying with it, I seem to be in command of when, how and have appropriate behavior. Still I am eternally looking for the funny in all moments of life. They're not always there but I look nonetheless, I have to.

I have always wished the best for other comedy performers especially if they're for real. I see a lot of phonies out there and even then I may root for them in some way simply because for some reason or another these faux artists have the want to experience what real art feels like. Still honestly I am compelled to say there are too many 'cover comedians' allowed by bookers and club owners to thrive.

It's absurd to me that bookers would shoot themselves in the foot by sending out so many of these type of untalented non-representing acts....but it happens all the time and everybody looks the other way or makes excuses.

I can only imagine what a world of honestly real stand up performers would be like. All of them fighting for the art form and keeping it real by policing their own. I'd have to think that bookers would then be forced to book only quality acts and....well it's never gonna happen huh? Afraid not.

I do love the biz and process though and will pursue trying to make a positive difference- not from ego or any agenda crap- but just from the love of the game man loooove of the freakin game. lol

Have a nice day :)

Uncle Hippie aka chill

www.standupschool.com
www.twitter.com/chilichallis1
www.myspace.com/chilichallis








No comments:

Post a Comment