Monday, September 7, 2009

Greetings friend!!

I like salutations. Unless of course there's zero thinking and effortless emotion behind them which you can so clue in on can't you? When somebody asks 'how are you?' and makes no effort to look at you or put any feeling behind it- it might as well not even been said. It becomes more of a passing grumble.

Remember a greeting is suppose to greet! which means to make at ease and issue comfort...it's from the Latin word 'gree' which means to make happy. Ok I just made that up sorta but you get my point huh? People always fall for that 'it's from a Latin word' explanation all the time. Yep I'm the same person that makes up statistics on the spot to win arguments...nobody checks them out- so sue me. lol

Anyway I digress. Back to the point at hand...it's a fact that it's a powerful thing to simply put a little soul behind your salutations. 'Soulful salutations' I like that! ;)
People take notice and perk up around you when you greet them with just a little added zing, they definitely remember you. Gifting of positive energy is truly that easy to pass along...and yes I meant gifting as in the Latin word to give. ;)

I have an old friend that simply says "Howdy!" when he greets you. It's an uncomplicated greeting that is my friend to the core. He means it when he says it and what it really says using his voice and soul is "I'm delighted to see you". From his expressions and lips you can tell it's a warm greeting. Hmmmm, expressive salutations! I like that too!

Some salutations are getting a little old. "What's up?" is sooooo tired and 90's. PLEASE find anything and I do mean ANYTHING else but "What's up?".

How about this from the 60's -"What's shakin!? or What's going on!?". They've been used but still not as lame as "What's up?" Try "Bonjour or Buenos dias or Buenas noches" .
"Shalom" (that's bound to set you apart lol) How about going right at it with a heartful "Greetings!!!" That will get you a second look for sure.

Remember first impressions are important right? A salutation displays an attitude plus it makes a statement about you. I'd make it a warm statement if I were you.

Have a nice day :)

your Uncle Hippie chill

www.twitter.com/chilichallis1
www.myspace.com/chilichallis
www.standupschool.com




No comments:

Post a Comment