Thursday, September 10, 2009

Working it!

Some days you're simply too busy. Things slip and new priorities have to be set. I call it flow. Sometimes your flow much change, which of course is the nature of flow and you must make adjustments. This has been one of those days.

I am preparing to go to Chicago tomorrow and many things have come up. I am in the office working on my writing class that I will be conducting and my P.A. is making CD's for me to sell after the shows. They have to be burned into disks and then placed into packages ready to slipped out quickly and signed at point of purchase, of course everyone has to be checked for quality both in sound and prints.

Still things like preparing, packing, eating, making and taking calls, shopping etc etc-busy busy! It's all good but every minute is spoken for...show business is so glamorous ha!
If this was an hourly job I'd probably hate it but since it's my life's work I go at it like a kid at a candy store. That's the big difference- this is my business and it's hitting great strides lately on all fronts. I have to keep up and putting out extra effort is just the way it is, I'm delighted to do it.

As I'm writing this I just realized that I have new material I want to do and so I have to dig out the notes and cards and get that all ready. All I can say is I wish this for everybody! I wish everyone could have this kind of wonderful day. It's called being alive, active and immediate. May you all work this hard and if you do already - well then bless you and I hope you break a leg in all things.

I'll see you in Chicago if you can make it. I'll be at Walter Payton's Roundhouse Fri/Sat doing what I do and love. Sometimes it hard to believe I am enthroned to work like this. lol

Have a nice day.

Uncle Hippie chill

**I once worked at a company that made pink slips. It took me two years to realized I'd been fired.

www.standupschool.com
www.twitter.com/chilichallis1
www.myspace.com/chilichallis






No comments:

Post a Comment